Please click here to read the latest data privacy alert from the Squire Patton Boggs Data Protection & Cyber Security team. This week, the alert covers UK, EU and global news, including:
- The ICO launches a survey into the use of medical devices
- A new National Health Data Guardian is appointed
- A well-known mental health support charity suspends the use of its controversial app
- New data protection guidance for schools is published
- The controversial provisions of the Criminal Justice and Data Protection Regulations are debated
- An employee of a well-known supermarket is charged with an alleged offence under the Data Protection Act
- Key players in the car industry sign up to privacy commitments
- The Open Rights Group launches guidance for Governments on privacy commitments
- OAIC releases its latest annual report
- Singapore’s PDPC publishes its annual report
Read this week’s alert here.
For more information on any of the items in the alert, or on data privacy matters generally, please feel free to call Annette Demmel (Berlin).