We are pleased to share with you our quarterly bulletin – Hot Topics in Intellectual Property and Technology.
This bulletin highlights some topical developments in the UK in the areas of intellectual property and technology, contract, data privacy, trade secrets and advertising and media. Our Hot Topics briefing is intended to keep you abreast of key legal developments so you are well positioned to take advantage of new opportunities. It is a succinct summary of what you need to know, with detail kept to a minimum. We are happy to discuss any of the developments, and the implications for your business, in more detail. Feel free to call your usual Squire Patton Boggs contact or any of the individuals listed below. Please also feel free to browse other items on this Blog, which is a source of more comprehensive news and insight into legal issues of interest to the global intellectual property and technology community.
- Many businesses still not compliant with new information and cancellation consumer laws
- Consumers given new rights to unwind contracts and claim compensation
- Another consumer law shake-up to come
- Copyright exceptions back on the agenda
- Risk that UK and EU trade marks could be invalidated
- New food labelling law to bite on restaurants and takeaways
To discuss any of these items, or other intellectual property, commercial or technology issues, please feel free to call: