The Squire Patton Boggs Data Protection & Cyber Security team is pleased to share with you the last two editions of our weekly alert on data privacy issues.
Our 11 August alert covers news from the UK, France, US and Australia.
- ICO Warning to Legal Profession on Data Security
- Judicial Review of Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act
- Direct Marketing Association Adopts New Code of Practice for Data Driven Marketing
- Retailer Fined for CCTV Data Breaches by CNIL
- CNIL Closes Its Investigation Into Excessive Use of CCTV And Biometric ID Systems
- New Insurance Fraud Norm Published by CNIL
- FTC Highlights Lack of Information on Data Collected by Apps
- FTC Approves COPPA Safe Harbour Program
- Federal Court Upholds Ruling Requiring Microsoft to Hand Over Data From Its Data Centre in Ireland to US Authorities
- US Trustee Opposes Sale of Customer Data During Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Australian Information Commissioner Publishes Revisions to Security Guide
Our 18 August alert covers news from the UK, Brazil, Ireland and South Korea.
- Home Office Releases Assessment of Privacy Impacts of Interception Provisions in the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act 2014
- Interim Report Published on Health and Social Care Information Centre Data Pseudonymisation Review
- New Ofcom Guidance for Telecoms Providers
- Updated Finance and Leasing Association Code to Take Effect 1 October 2014
- Brazilian Department of Consumer Protection and Defence fines Internet Provider £900,000
- Enforced Subject Access Now an Offence in Ireland
- Irish Data Protection Commissioner Issues Audit Guide
- Amended Personal Information Protection Act Now in Force
For more information on any of these items, please feel free to contact
Stéphanie Faber in our Paris office.