The Squire Patton Boggs Data Protection & Cyber Security team is pleased to share with you a weekly alert on data privacy issues. This week’s alert covers UK, EU, US and Global news.
- ICO Active in Establishing New Commonwealth Network of Privacy Regulators
- ICO Discusses New Co-Operation Framework in Blog Post
- Call for Journalists to Have New Public Interest Defence to Allegations of Data Breaches
- IFB Expansion to Combat Insurance Fraud Industry-Wide
- Process Begins to Appoint New EU Data Protection Supervisor
- Obama Administration Addresses Financial Cybersecurity
- US District Court Rejects Claims that Mobile Phone IDs Constitute Personal Information
- FTC Stresses Privacy and Data Security Obligations of Broadband Providers
- California Toughens its Data Breach Law
- SIFMA Publishes New Cybersecurity Principles
- Data from the “Internet of Things” is Personal Data
Read the alert here.