The Squire Patton Boggs Data Protection & Cyber Security team is pleased to share with you a weekly alert on data privacy issues.
This week’s alert covers news from the UK, EU, France and international community.
- ICO’s publication of Telephone Preference Service study
- Breach of Data Protection Act results in £150,000 monetary penalty
- UK Government publishes Surveillance Road Map
- Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Bill receives Royal Assent
- Draft Regulations made under the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act 2014 are published
- ICO to gain NHS audit powers
- CNIL cookie investigation
- CJEU rules that legal analysis is not personal data
- WP29 guidance on implementation of the right to be forgotten
- EDPS guidelines on exporting data to third countries
- Canada’s privacy watchdog rules out use of genetic tests
Read the alert here.
For further information on any of these items, please contact Stéphanie Faber in our Paris office.